The Education Foundation at BMMS is made up of a group of parents (representing 6th, 7th, and 8th grades), family members, school staff and businesses that provide financial support to supplement and enhance the education and development of our students. Our school depends on your donations to the Foundation to help fill in the gaps in the school’s budget.
Mission Statement: Our sole purpose is to improve learning at BMMS. Our teachers, technology committee and principal provide direction in determining where and how funds are used.
Last year, with the help of our families, teachers and community members we raise money to purchase:
- New Electronic Marquee (coming this summer!)
- Medieval/Renaissance Faire at the school
- 35 Chromebook computers and cart
- New upgraded speaker system for Assemblies
- 21st Century learning tools: Virtual Reality Mini Lab and iPad Filming Station
- Grants to Odyssey of the Mind and Robotics Teams
- $10,000 in mini grants for teachers for in-classroom enrichment
- Financial assistance for ASB programs
Our goals for 2018-2019: The Foundation would like to continue to enhance learning, for all of our students, through technology, as well as literacy enrichment. We will be working closely with the school’s technology committee and principal to accomplish this goal.
We realize that many families have limited financial resources. We ask that you give what you can to help support our students at Black Mountain Middle School. We appreciate any amount you can contribute and thank you for your help!
Ways you can contribute:
1. Direct Donation (Donation Form page)
2. Matching Gift Program: Double your donation to the Education Foundation through your company’s matching gift program. Does your company participate? Click on the following link to find out: http://www.matchinggift.com/powayusd/
3. We will continue our “Layers of Fundraising” to help families give what they can in the best way for them.
|In-n-Out cards||BMMS Restaurant Nights|
|Employer Gift Matching||Raffles|
4. Use the Amazon Store link to do your online shopping.
5. Sign-up for Volunteer Opportunities at the school.
6. Attend FallFest on Saturday, October 13th at 3pm
Education Foundation at Black Mountain Middle School
9353 Oviedo St.
San Diego, CA 92129-2198
Tax ID: 06-1703158